Tuesday, April 6

Back from the Big Apple

... a bad case of jetlag and deprivation of sleep... in two days, I only had a total of 6hours before I forced myself to drive to my morning class...
I did enjoy my stay at New York City. Seeing the sights, friends, diversity, and many more. It is not the same as the last time I went to NYC. The buildings are much shorter. It doesn't feel "tall" and overwhelming like last time... Times Square was the most popular spot the last time I hung out at NYC so I got swayed by two streets with overcrowding tourists and blinging adversites all over on the buildings.. but if you get out of that spot- you can see the true side of NYC- and it is not all about glamour and everything. It is the reality. People are just living their lifes. NYC is just another city. No big deal.

I won't continue blabbing on because I do have a paper that I need to turn in- so I will post one small thing- from Ellis Island Museum-
"Well, I came to America because I heard the streets were paved with
gold. When I got here, I found out three things: first, the streets
weren't paved with gold; second, they weren't paved at all; and third, I
was expected to pave them." -an old Italian story."

... it echoed the truth in the immigrating period of NYC. I thought that one just said it all.

No comments: