Monday, August 29

Fall Semester

My semester will start this Wednesday (don't ask me WHY...!) but I only got classes on T/TH and Fri so my first day of classes will be on Thursday.

What I will take this semester:
History of Sexuality, T (the professor is a male so I am sure I will encounter some biased sexist comments)
Natural Disasters, T and Th (earthquakes, volcanoes, tsunamis!)
Art of Japan, T and TH (Thought it will be fun to learn Japanese Art... and find some images for tattoos!)
Art since 1945, T and TH (I want to learn European's renassiance but it is being taught by a professor that I dislike so I am stuck with modern arts.)
B&W Photography, T and TH (Heard the professor is a HARD grader... *biting her nails!*)
then finally on Friday I have surfing. Gnarly, eH?!

There is a possibility that I will drop "Art since 1945" if the professor turns to be a prude. I am taking 17 units if I keep "Art since 1945". People said I am crazy since this is my junior year and all of those (expect Surfing) are upper-division courses which mean heavy readings. Yeesh, nobody got faith in me? I haven't failed a course... (lowest grade I got was a C in my cultural anthropology-- the prof was just uptight and sucked at teaching) and I am not going to start this semester! I am actually good at exams and readings. It is just cranking out stupid assignments I am dreading. If I hate the homework, my grade takes a plunge in the classroom. :-/
The worst assginments I ever have to turn in were for "History of Fashion", where I have to type one-page double-spaced review of two fashion-related articles and give ONE sentence how it helps me understanding my textbook reading; for "Modern Issues for Gays and Lesbians", I have to turn in three questions about my weekly readings. WHAT IF I HAVE NO QUESTIONS? I had to make up questions so I can get points.
Please STOP giving me easy homework! GIVE ME THE ASSIGNMENT OF FIVE-PAGE ESSAY TO TYPE ABOUT A DEAD ARTIST!!!
I once asked my sixth grade summer school teacher to give me homework because I was bored.

Yes I am a nerd.

No comments: