Wednesday, September 21

Oh my!

Little ol' vain me
You’re so vain, you probably think this song is about you
You’re so vain, I’ll bet you think this song is about you
Don’t you? don’t you?
--Carly Stone


There was quite a thunderstorm in San Diego last Monday night.

"SAN DIEGO – Lightning tore through the skies overnight, keeping authorities busy Tuesday morning with power outages, rain-slickened roadways and small fires.
As of 6:30 a.m., more than 3,300 people were without electricity due to 17 localized power outages, according to San Diego Gas & Electric officials. The majority of those outages were in San Diego's beach neighborhoods, where police reported traffic lights out in several locations. "

...
"Firefighters in San Diego and the East County reported extinguishing several lightning fires, none of which reached a significant size and most of which consisted of one burning bush or tree." A separate news source stated that two police cars were struck by a fallen tree branch (caused by the lighning)
...
"Most of the rain fell from about 3 to 6 p.m., with 0.01 of an inch" When I arrived for my class at 4pm, 40minutes later it was a DOWNPOUR but it only lasted for five minutes... it was trippin' because the professor cannot continue her lecture with loud thunderous ligthning striking SO close...!

A excrept from a local blogger that I agreed wholly with his sentiments with this thunderstorm when he said:
"Whoa! In my 26 years in San Diego County, I've never seen a storm like that one last night. It was the Energizer Bunny of T-storms: It kept going, and going, and going. Much to my yelping dog's displeasure.
We had lightning starting around 10:30 last night, and it lasted until almost 7 this morning, with only a few short breaks in between. I can't recall a thunderstorm here that lasted more than a couple of hours. Lost power for at least an hour and a half.
"

My husband woke me up at 2am by tossing around in the bed. I asked him what was the matter. He pointed to the window (our bed is facing the window to West)... suddenly I was blinded. I rubbed and opened my eyes: "Oh COOL! The thunderstorms are here??" Then I heard a thunder. ME-- A Deafie! It was LOUD enough since it was CLOSE. It was *IN* San Diego.

No comments: