Monday, October 3

Deaf Awareness Day Oct 1, 2005

Deaf and ASL signers along with their friends, families, and teachers will celebrate American Deaf Culture and American Sign Language at Balboa Park Club on Saturday, Oct. 1, 2005 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
www.dadsandiego.org

It is really for ASL students and late-deafened to check out the new products et cetera... Deaf folks just come to socalize. It is my first event-- the DAD has been around for quite a while (just checked the information: six years). I did see a lot of friends from my old stomping grounds, included the "one"... you know what I am referring to... My husband met him and it wasn't so bad. At least Clifton now knows my past.
I didn't stay too long because... it was getting tiresome to see: "HI! HOW YOU?? WHERE YOU BEEN?? OH, I SEE SOMEBODY, YOU WAIT HERE, BRB!"... it is not a social event...a drive-by-social! Oy vey. I doubt I will go there next year.

No comments: